22 April 2007

gallo pinto please

I'm in San Jose, yet again...
Today I'm going to visit my Tico family (the ones I lived with during LASP). I'm nervous and excited to see them. Let's hope I have some Spanish in me today. Lots of memories are already coming back.

The other day Kristen and I had dinner with Trevor and Laura (LASP faculty). Those two are golden... so real. I wish we could have spent more time with them. It was such a strange feeling being in the empty LASP building. I don't know what to think about it. These days I'm having a lot of thoughts and feelings I don't understand. Kristen has really challenged me... she is a critical thinker and lives out her convictions. She's an amazing person and I've learned a lot from her. I'm going to have to figure out what to do with all of that when I get back. Less than a week...

Life on the farm was the same as when we left it... except there are 3 new baby goats and there's a bat in our cabin. Eso es la vida. I also found a lizard that had been trapped in a bowl in our cabin. I set him free. I love it there. I love the people. I am looking forward to coming home though. I can't wait to see my friends and family... and my Sha Sha.

Time is almost up here in this little internet cafe. So I'm off for the Dulce Nombre and Mall Don Pancho.

Much love love love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dulce Nombre?! Mall Don Pancho?! Hot dang! What a trip!