19 March 2007

If I leave here tomorrow, will you still remember me? ~Free Bird (Skynyrd)

My amazing parents just left. They came up this weekend to help move me out of the duplex. I stood in the window and watched them drive away... It reminded me of when they came to move me in just six months ago. I watched them drive away then too. It was sort of an epiphany for me - for years it was them standing on the porch of our house waving goodbye and me driving away. But for that moment, we had switched places and that introduced a whole new array of emotions. I felt those emotions again today. Tomorrow I'm leaving yet again... still just wandering. The wonderful life of a vagabond. :) The pages just keep turning...

As usual, I have only been thinking about going and not about leaving. I want to acknowledge the leaving... Living in this house with Lauren and Amanda has been amazing. They are two wonderful girls and I'm so glad I had to opportunity to live with them. Although this semester has been somewhat of a rollercoaster in many ways, it's also been a great learning experience. Clay has been an amazing friend and I'm sad to leave him. Quillen too. (With the exception of the couple weeks when I get back from Costa Rica until SAU graduation) I don't know if I will ever live in Michigan again. I don't know if I'll ever live close to these friends again. Hmm.

Why can't we get all the people together in the world
that we really like and then just stay together?
I guess that wouldn't work.
Someone would leave. Someone always leaves.
Then we would have to say good-bye.
I hate good-byes.
I know what I need. I need more hellos.
~Charles M. Schulz


All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

6 comments:

Alisha said...

oh i love you.
and i'm so very proud of you.

costa rica is blessed to have you.. give all of the love your heart can offer to let go of kat. love people. just love them. love the land and the sunshine. love the water and the trees. love people.
then when you come home i will hug you so many times that your love bank will be overflowing again!

i believe in you and your dreams with everything i have.
i'll be there with you when you are tired and confused. when you are happy and alive.. just know; you've got a friend in me!

go kat! GO! LIVE LIFE! LIVE LOVE!

Unknown said...

oh man. I wish i could have something amazing to say, but i think Alisha already said it all. I would just like to add:
1. que te vaya bien
2. cuidate
3. watch out for ladrones
4. Do me a favor and go hunting for monkeys. And when you find one, take a picture of it. And then think of me.

Anonymous said...

Get out...of the tree.

timmy and erin said...

i am so excited for you Kat! be sure to update this as often as you can... between your adventures. and i want to see you when you get back!!

Anonymous said...

KAT!

YOU ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!

AGAIN!

YOU ARE SO COOL!

I MISS YOU!

you better have a wonderful time or else you'll have ME to answer to. Yeah!

I love ya,
Michelle

Unknown said...

I love you Kat!